Bas~Melech does not endorse any off-site content.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Raw poem [untitled]

This one is brand new, completely unedited yet. It was one of those times when an idea comes just as I'm getting ready for bed, and though I was falling asleep already I couldn't let it go. I ended up just writing the whole thing then, with no energy to think it out, so this was quite an experiment for me. Actually, it ended up converging from three totally separate ideas, so I'm not quite sure how well it works... Please let me know!

I traveled from Egypt
some time ago
followed my soul
into the desert
and into the sea.
I sang by the shore
the song of survivors
seeing the wonders
You made for us then.
The tune still resounds
in the depth of my heart
stifled for now
exiled once more.

On foreign soil
I cast away
my instruments
rejected
abandoned
fearing I would never sing
again.

With time I healed
and saw the truth,
remembered Your promise.
The time is not now
but I will keep my music ready,
carry it with me in my desert wanderings.
I will teach it to my daughters
and show them the miracles
that echo through the ages
so they will know You
when the time comes.

Now we wait
stumbling through the darkness
hastening last minute details
preparing
for soon, soon
the curtains will rise
and we can burst forth with song
to You.

6 comments:

David_on_the_Lake said...

Beautiful...

welcome to blogworld..

kasamba said...

I second that!

Bas~Melech said...

Wow, I got comments! Thanks, people!

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Very nice good luck blogging hope you have fun with it.

smb said...

Very clear and beautitul.

Independent Frum Thinker said...

Very nice.